Business Visa

Are you Eligible for the Business Visa?

Business Visa

This program is part of the Golden Visa System, which provides long-term visas to foreigners and dependents to begin a business in the UAE. Professionals with entrepreneurial expertise from any country can apply for a business visa. In addition, anyone who has owned a business at some point in their career and intends to do it again in the UAE qualifies as an eligible entrepreneur.

Eligibility for a business visa

To obtain the business visa, you must:

  • Be able to prove your entrepreneurial experience
  • Have been a more significant part shareholder of a start-up or an individual from its senior leadership
  • Be ready to relocate to the United Arab Emirates and legally open a business in one of the seven emirates
  • Have a business concept or plan you want to implement in the UAE.

In addition to the eligibility criteria listed above, applicants must pass the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship’s standards, including a background check and a health assessment.

Main requirements to apply for a business visa

  • Need copies of the passport’s first and last page.
  • Need coloured photos with a specified size of 4.3 cms X 5.5 cms.
  • Financial reports
  • NOC’s for ladies and students.
  • Confirmed airline ticket for the passenger

The benefits of a business visa

Once the business visa is issued, the applicant can visit the country for six months with a Multiple-Entry Visa to establish the business project. The applicant can use the six-month multiple-entry visa to assess the business project or investment in the UAE. It also makes the process of completing the Business Visa application easier. After then, the applicant can change this visa into a residence permit. The visa holder can nominate up to three employees from their company to obtain the residency. Furthermore, all visa holders can sponsor their family members (Subject to the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship’s criteria and regulations)

Male residents working in the UAE can sponsor their immediate family members, such as their wife and children, under specific criteria, including a minimum salary of AED 4,000 or AED 3,000 plus accommodation.

Furthermore, if the family’s father lives in the UAE and satisfies the requirements for sponsoring his kids, the mother is not permitted to sponsor them. After entering the UAE, a resident sponsor has 60 days to apply for a residence visa for his dependents and change their status from an entry permit holder to a residence visa holder.

Family members are granted visas for one, two, or three years depending on the sponsoring member’s employment and labor contract and his position as an employee or employer.

Sponsoring your wife and children: If an expatriate resident meets the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs’ sponsorship standards, he can sponsor his wife and children for a residence visa (GDRFA).

The following documents are required to sponsor a wife and children:

  • Application on the internet or through a registered typing office
  • Passport copies of the wife and children
  • Photos of the wife and children
  • Certificate of medical clearance for the wife and children above the age of 18
  • Copy of the husband’s company contract or employment contract
  • Salary certificate from the employer detailing the employee’s monthly salary
  • Legalized marriage certificate
  • Registered tenancy contract
  • Latest utility bill.

Woman sponsoring her family: A woman can sponsor her children and husband in Abu Dhabi if she has a residency permit indicating that she is an engineer, teacher, doctor, nurse, or any other medical-related professional with a monthly income of at least AED 10,000 or AED 8,000 plus accommodation. In addition, she must provide other papers as required by the appropriate authority.

If a woman is not working in one of these categories in Dubai, she can still sponsor her family in Dubai if her monthly salary is more than AED 10,000 and with special permission from the DNRD.

Contact us for free consultation